Metro Repairs will Impact Red Line Starting August
According to the Metro SafeTrack Surge #6 Plan, Riders Can Expect Major Delays on Red Line Trains Between Takoma and Silver Spring.
Starting August 1, Metro repairs will severely impact Red Line trains between Takoma and Silver Spring Station. Trains will be operating on a single track schedule until August 7, 2016.
Check out a picture of the impacted Red Line schedule below….
According to an advisory published by Metro’s official website, the details of the impact are as follows:
- Red Line trains will run between Shady Grove and NoMa-Gallaudet every 6 minutes during AM/PM rush; every 12 minutes midday and evening. Passengers traveling to stations north of NoMa-Gallaudet must transfer to continue their trip.
- Red Line trains will run between Glenmont and Grosvenor every 12 minutes. Customers traveling to stations north of Grosvenor must transfer to continue their trip.
- After 10pm trains will run between Shady Grove and Glenmont every 15 minutes.
- Customers traveling between Fort Totten and Downtown DC should use the Green Line as an alternative.
- All Red Line customers should consider alternate travel options and avoid traveling during rush-hour periods if possible.
Weekend train frequencies may change to coordinate with other planned track work on the Metrorail system.
Red line trains may be very crowded, especially during rush hour due to severe service reductions. Expect significantly longer wait times at the following stations:
|Forest Glen||Rhode Island Ave|
Stay Tuned to Our Twitter Page: @DMVFollowers for consistent updates on the Metro Schedules and Repairs.